Western Digital (WD) has a long history in the storage device manufacturing industry especially in the hard drive sector. Today, it has around 40% market share while considering all hard drive brands. Anyhow, as happen in any other hard drive, files stored in a WD hard drive can get deleted up or get lost due to various reasons. The operating system which you are using cannot do anything to recover data from WD hard drive in this situation. Only with the help of powerful data recovery tools like Easy File Recovery, you can able to recover those data.
Western Digital Hard Drive Data Recovery Software Free Download
But there is question which is relevant here. How data get deleted or lost from a WD hard drive? If you are a tech geek, there is no need for any detailed portrayals. But there are people who are having only primitive knowledge about data loss happening on a hard drive. So, it has listed few reasons for WD data loss below.
- Improper Handling of Drive: Say for example, if you are abruptly removing your external WD hard drive from the computer before finishing data transfer, you may loss files from that hard drive. But don’t worry, it is not at all a strenuous task to restore files from a WD hard drive in this situation.
- Formatting WD Hard Drive: You may accidentally perform formatting of your WD hard drive instead of any another required drive if you are working with such a haste.
- Abrupt System Termination: If you are turning off your computer before finishing data transfer that undergoing between a WD drive and any other drive, it can lead to loss of data which are being transferred.
As the name suggests, Easy File Recovery tool can recover data from WD hard drive in a hassle-free way. This tool works with both Internal and external hard drive models of WD. You can get back WD hard drive data from 3.5 desktop hard disks as wells as 2.5 laptop hard disks.
Note: Are you facing loss of financial documents which are created using QuickBooks application? Don’t worry, it is possible to recover quickbooks files with the help of Easy File Recovery utility.
Some More Considerable Features of this Tool
- You can get back all types of deleted and lost data from a WD drive with the help of this recovery tool including videos, images, RAW photos, ZIP files, PDF files, Office documents, and many other.
- Selected File types can be previewed on a preview screen in order to analyze the efficiency of the demo version of this tool which is primarily available to download.
- This utility can be used on different operating systems of Windows and Mac for restoring WD hard drive files. You can even perform file recovery on Windows 10 as well as on Mac OS X High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and earlier versions using this tool.
- It supports most of the Windows and Mac file systems such as FAT32, NTFS5, VFAT, FAT16, exFAT, HFS+, HFSX, HFS, and NTFS.
- Recovered files using this tool can be sorted on the basis of various file attributes such as file name, file extension, file creation date, file modified date, file size and many more.
- If you want to perform raid 5 file recovery, then don’t get anxious; this Easy File Recovery tool can do it with ease.
Steps for Recovering WD Hard Drive Data
Step 1: Download and Install the demo version of this software and launch it. From the home screen, select “Recover Drives” option.
Figure 1: Home Screen
Step 2: From the second screen, select either "Partition Recovery" or "Formatted / Reformatted Recovery" depending on your data loss scenario. Now, the software scans and displays a list of logical and physical drives, from which you need to select your WD hard drive to restore files from it, and then click on “Forward Arrow” button.
Figure 2: Select WD Hard Drive
Step 3: Once the scanning process is completed, you can view the recovered files in “Data View” or “File Type View”.
Figure 3: Recovered Files